We LOVE making our own hygiene products! Whether it be toothpaste, face masks, scrubs, serums, or detergents, DIY’s save us: from exposing chemicals to our home, money, time, and waste!
- Liquify the soap bar! Cut the bar into pieces and put it in the mason jar. Boil 3 3/4 cups of water and add to the mason jar. Mix until all pieces are gone.
- Liquify the coconut oil. Place in a mason jar, run the jar under hot water until oil liquifies. Mix in with the soap.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients! Mix together.
- Store in a 32 oz mason jar for up to 6 months. Refrigerate for a longer shelf life!
- Use 3 tbsp. per shower.
- Why maples syrup? It contains an abundance of vitamins including vitamins A and B, a large number of antioxidants as well as anti-bacterial properties.
- Why palm-oil free? Check out an article we wrote discussing the externalities of palm oil here.
- Make sure to keep your showers short to conserve water! (: