06 Oct Fall Caramel Apples, Raw Vegan & Zero-Waste
These raw caramel apples are super easy to make and they taste even better than the processed candy apples that contain junky ingredients no one can pronounce. We have been vegan for a combination of 9 years and have learned fast that every meal that isn’t vegan can TOTALLY be made vegan! These holistic apples are the perfect example of how we don’t have to sacrifice taste because we are vegan… we just make a few swaps and BOOM! These apples are FULL of protein, omegas, vitamins, minerals… a treat that is healing with every single bite.
1. Soak 1.5 cup pitted dates for 2 hours.
2. In a food processor, blend dates (and date water), 1 tbs liquid coconut oil, 1 tbs
homemade almond butter (just food process bulk almonds, it takes about 10-30 minutes depending on the food processor), 2 tbs cacao, a pinch of Himalayan sea salt, 1 tbs cinnamon.
3. Cover organic apples in this cinnamon-bun tasting date paste! Decorate with all the superfoods in the world!!
4. Toppings we love: coconut flakes, pumpkin seeds, oats, homemade cacao glaze,
cacao nibs, and a peanut butter cup Planet Protein bar (pssss- save the protein bar wrappers for their new zero-waste program! Planet Protein is turning wrappers into flooring, desks, walls, etc)
5. Stick em’ with reusable forks, reusable chopsticks… or whatever you find in your kitchen lol. Just don’t buy anything new! #SustainableLiving
Make sure to source all ingredients as organic & from the bulk food section. Don’t forget your reusable cotton bags and mason jars to fill up on the goods at a bulk store near you!